Friday, January 23, 2009

Recent Discussions and Happenings

Ben is a "manager of fun" at work. I know, the title is a bit.. well... but anyway what that means is that he helps organize things to boost morale in the office. One thing they came up with is the ugly holiday sweater contest. Ben had to have an ugly Christmas sweater by today and we both didn't have any, so he went off to Goodwill last night to find one. Tonight he was telling me about his experience in the Goodwill store at 8pm. Not to be mean, but he said that the people in there must have all been ex pirates. He finally found a Christmas shirt mixed in with all the other shirts in the ladies XL section. Here it is!

Oh the things you can learn from children's literature! I try to read to Gwen every day, not to mention that Ben reads to her before we put her down for the night. We have this one book that has animals A to Z in it and we came across these two entries.


What in the world is a vicuna and what is a xylo? I wouldn't accept that a xylo is an actual animal. I looked up Vicuna and it is kin to the Llama. I'm still not sure about the xylo.

Have you ever seen a tortoise shell like that? wow!


Ever seen a bush baby? :)

Here is a page devoted to things on the farm. I thought it was amusing that on this page they have "rubber trees". I haven't ever seen a rubber tree, but I'm sure there are farms with them in it.


Tonight I made the Swedish Rye Bread. Ben's Grandmother is famous for it. Just what I need...more carbs in my life. P.S. It's snowing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith,

I want a piece of that rye bread, please. It looks beautiful.

My grandma's bread was darker than that, but yours looks wonderful.

By the way that recipe is from my great grandma. So if Gwen eats some, it will be from her great, great, great grandma? Right?

Granny Pam

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Maybe the book was published overseas somewhere, Australia maybe? Some of my kids books have strange things like that too.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yeah, Steph I thought of that too... except every other animal listed in there is real.... including the Vicuna. Still a mystery.