Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 08

Merry Christmas everyone! This year has been especially meaningful for me as it's the first Christmas being a mother. I have found myself thinking of Mary this year and I can only imagine what she went through and had to ponder in her heart. There I sat last night in the Christmas Eve service at my parent's church and she was reaching for my face and smiling... so sweet... and then I realized she had a poopy diaper. :)

Before we left for Alabama we had Christmas with Ben's mom, Pam. Here's Gwen with a snow globe that she got. By the way... Gwen did remarkably well for the 12 hour drive to my parent's place. It was so cold when we left... 4 degrees! Here in Bama it's almost 70 during the day. What a difference! I told my mom I felt like putting on my bathing suit and rolling in the grass.

Here I am looking at the new cookbook Ben gave to me. Check out the slippers... I felt like gumby or something.


this is a family shot right before we left for the Christmas eve service.


Gwen woke up this morning at 5am. We had a nice quiet breakfast together. Notice it's dark outside!


Gwen looks really upset to spend time with the family doesn't she?



Here we are about to open presents.


the little elves passing out the presents.


Gwen playing with her new bongos.




The kitchen... where the magic happens. Here Gwen is learning how to make cornbread stuffing.



Eat your heart out... I know we did. Does anyone else feel a diet coming on?


1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Annalise got those same bongos for Christmas last year! She loves them. Looks like happy times! Merry Christmas!