Random events from the life and times of Ben and Meredith.
Monday, August 11, 2008
My Brother
Hi everyone... some of you might have seen the post earlier about my brother Preston. I took it down because I thought I'd better ask if he minded me posting about his situation. If you missed that post, my brother had a heart attack on Friday due to a blood clot in his artery. It scared us all really bad. I took him to the ER and it happened there. He went to urgent care the night before and they said it was heart burn... went to his doctor the next morning and she said a virus... we were shocked when his heart stopped in the ER. Here are the symptoms of a heart attack. I wish I had known these better...
Discomfort, pressure, heaviness, or pain in the chest, arm or below the breastbone
Discomfort radiating to the back, jaw, throat or arm
Fullness, indigestion or choking feeling (may feel like heartburn)
Sweating, nausea, vomiting or dizziness
Extreme weakness, anxiety or shortness of breath
Rapid or irregular heartbeats
He has hyperthyroidism which we think contributed to the clot. He was in the process of getting that taken care of. He's doing much better today... laughing, eating, walking... more like himself than the last few days. Please keep him in your prayers. Here's a video he made of himself on guitar. I personally think it's amazing!
Yeah, I was wondering where that post went! And yes, you should probably ask before you write about other people on your famous blog. They'd appreciate it.
I am glad he is feeling better, and that now he and his doctors can work together to figure out how this blockage got so bad and how to fix it. Stacey
4 comments:
Yeah, I was wondering where that post went! And yes, you should probably ask before you write about other people on your famous blog. They'd appreciate it.
I am glad he is feeling better, and that now he and his doctors can work together to figure out how this blockage got so bad and how to fix it.
Stacey
Give Preston a big hug for me! Something like a heart attack...I can't believe they couldn't detect it better! You all are in my thoughts!! ~Amanda
Wow! he is great on the guitar - I guess music runs in your family :) I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better!
Hey, maybe you should take the guitar to the hospital for him to recuperate with. I'm sure it would add atmosphere to the place.
Grandma Pammy
Post a Comment