Friday, August 15, 2008

2 Months

Sunday Gwen will be two months old. I can't believe it hardly. Today she got her first immunizations. To help keep me from crying I kept saying, "but now you won't have whooping cough." I can't help but think of the parallel between that experience and how God must think of us. He must really not like to see us in pain, but He knows the bigger picture doesn't He? Think of all the times I've learned from a painful experience.

Gwen weighed in at 11 lb 2 oz and 23 in long. She's in the 75th percentile whatever that means. :)

5 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Happy 2 Months Gwen! And Gwen's Parents ;) 75th percentile means she's bigger than 75% of babies her age and smaller than 25% of them. It sounds like a big range, but they can change from 50 to 75 or 75 to 95 by a single ounce. So it's kind of silly! Plus they don't differentiate between breastfed babies and formula fed babies. Caleb's head measured like 90th percentile and I was all worried that he had some huge head, but I finally found out that if it had been about a half centimeter smaller, he would have been like 50th.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the most beautiful baby in the world?

Grandma Pammy

Olya said...

Gwen looks very happy and healthy!

Stephanie said...

To give you some perspective - Clay has always been in the 50th percentile on most of the charts, and Chloe has never, ever been above the 25th percentile. I would suspect that Gwen is going to be tall and she is not what you would consider a lightweight :-). There are also all kinds of different charts. You can download them from the CDC I think. I loved plotting my kids weight, height, and weight/height ratio just to get an idea of how they were growing. By the way, when we first came home, Chloe wasn't on the chart and Clay was at the 5th percentile. Things do change quickly.

Anonymous said...

Look at that beautiful little girl! What a cutie you've got there! Oh, they grow quickly... ~Amanda