Friday, July 18, 2008

The Latest

Well... lately my days have felt like one giant circle in three hour increments. When asked what I do during the day I have to stop and think because I'm not sure when a day starts. One of my daily activities is loading the dishwasher. That's not blog worthy you say? I beg to differ!

I have been meaning to do a blog post about lightening bugs and why they light up, but I haven't found the energy just yet.

Gwen has been awake most of the day here lately and then early evenings deciding to sleep. It makes for a tiring day, but a better night that way. I'm just now relaxing more and realizing that she is my daughter. Last night I was looking at her sleeping in her bassinet and started crying because she is excruciatingly beautiful. Yesterday we went to a La Leche League meeting and it was weird. An Israeli woman grabbed me (I don't think I need to explain where) without so much as a "hi how are you". I don't know if I'll go back although I appreciate the help with positioning. We also went to the doctor yesterday and she weighed 9 lbs, 3 oz and has grown an inch and a half from birth. She's now 21 1/2 inches long. She's a month old. I've decided that instead of saying she's 5, 6, 7 weeks old I'm just going to say 1 month until she is 2 months. It's easier that way in my mind.

Here is the look I get from her a lot these days.


Here's her look after she has been fed and she's in a good mood. It's like she's seeing someone she went to college with and she's saying "hey!"


Ben and I are both pretty sleep deprived lately, but of course it is worth it all. I tell Ben sometimes I feel like I've been to a lock in with middle schoolers to describe that feeling. ha!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to parenthood!! Before I had children I didn't need a list at the grocery store or Wal-mart....I have actually gone in and not bought diapers before :-) Children will suck the brains right out of your head, but yes, they are more than worth it. I can't wait to see that baby!!