You open it up and what do you have? Formula and coupons for formula! Nothing against formula...but it's not breastfeeding. The last time I checked you have to have a breast involved for it to be breastfeeding. By the way, I took Gwen to get a weight check today and from last week she has gained 5 oz! So now she weighs just over 9 lbs. My arms are going to have a serious workout in the coming weeks I have a feeling. :)
Thursday, July 10, 2008
The Irony Of It All
At the hospital they gave me this diaper bag. How nice!
There's a tag on the bag that says "Breastfeeding Success Bag for Baby's Best Start" on there. How kind for them to want me to succeed at breastfeeding!

You open it up and what do you have? Formula and coupons for formula! Nothing against formula...but it's not breastfeeding. The last time I checked you have to have a breast involved for it to be breastfeeding. By the way, I took Gwen to get a weight check today and from last week she has gained 5 oz! So now she weighs just over 9 lbs. My arms are going to have a serious workout in the coming weeks I have a feeling. :)
You open it up and what do you have? Formula and coupons for formula! Nothing against formula...but it's not breastfeeding. The last time I checked you have to have a breast involved for it to be breastfeeding. By the way, I took Gwen to get a weight check today and from last week she has gained 5 oz! So now she weighs just over 9 lbs. My arms are going to have a serious workout in the coming weeks I have a feeling. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They grow so fast at that age. You will notice your improved upper body strength in around 2 years when you hold a new baby and can't believe how light it is. My "baby" is 27ish lb now. We sing the Tigger song after bath, and I hold him and bounce... it is pretty exausting these days!
Laura
My left arm is stronger than my right arm. I can still carry Caleb with my left arm, but can't even lift Annalise with my right!
I guess I feel pretty torn on the formula bags they hand out. We had to use the formula while I was in the hospital with the kidney trouble, but for women (i.e. everyone) who have a tough start breastfeeding, I bet those formula samples look awfully tempting.
i am so happy for you, meredith! you look beautiful..love,
jane reilly
How funny about the breast feeding bag. You think the people that put that together noticed the absurdity of it. Why not coupons for a breast pump or nursing pads? Silly.
Holly Allen
Post a Comment