Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tagged

Ok... so I've been tagged by Lisa Swinney... so here's to you Lisa! :)

10 years ago it was 1998. Ok, now let me think. That means I was 21 and finishing my junior year at Jacksonville State University. I remember on my twenty-first birthday I went to bed early that night (so wild-I know) and then Adam and some other people came and banged on our door and "forced" us to go get ice cream. I've been addicted to the stuff ever since... thanks a lot. :) It was a wonderful time in my life. I absolutely loved college and my experiences there.

5 Things on my to do list
I always have a list going. I guess that's why I like blogging. I like documenting stuff. Anyway.. here is what is on my list at the moment.

1. Go to the La Leche League meeting today. (I went and that's a whole other blog unto itself)
2. Clean shower
3. Bring library books back
4. Ask Ben to help me hang some pictures
5. Remember to stir my Amish bubbly stuff. :)

5 Snacks I Love
I only get to choose 5? ha!

1. Red grapefruits
2. Salsa and tortilla chips
3. Chex mix- the bold party kind
4. yogurt
5. smoothies

If I were a billionaire I'd pay off our house. I'd give more to lots of different ministries. I'd invest some for our kid's inheritance and I'd get a massage every now and then. I know a guy named George that was asked a similar question and I really like his answer. This is what he said he'd do. He'd get like two huge Greyhound buses and go around Kansas City and pick up all the homeless people he could find. Then he'd take them to a really fancy restaurant and let them eat all they want. That sure would be interesting wouldn't it?

5 Bad Habits

1. Using about 3 new glasses every day. I like them clean.
2. Not flushing after every single time to save water. That's my theory anyway.
3. Buying a ham from Aldi's grocery and letting it expire sitting in the fridge. That's a true story.
4. biting my cheeks. I'm not sure why I do that.
5. I collect every plastic bag I get from the store and the other night Ben cleared them out. It was astonishing how many I had.

5 Jobs I've Had
I've had lots, but here are the most entertaining.

1. Caretaker in a mental facility. I did laundry, cooked dinners, bathed them. You can imagine.
2. "Picker" in a blue jean distribution center. I went around filling boxes with jeans. All I can say is that whoever is wearing size 50 jeans they almost killed me those months working there. They are heavy!
3. Summer activities coordinator at our church in Alabama. The first trip we took was to a cave. It rained really bad while we ate lunch and afterwards they were begging to go to the playground. I let them while I cleaned up. Little did I know the mire that the playground had become. All of the kids were covered head to toe in mud and having the time of their lives! My chaperons told me to put in an application at McDonald's.
4. I worked in the Nibble Nook at Ridgecrest one summer. Like I needed to work around ice cream.
5. Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart. I taught there 5 years and it's an all-girls Catholic school in Miami. I taught grades 1-6. I learned a lot there and really enjoyed it too.


5 Places I've Lived

1. Flintville, Tennesee (small town, had great hayrides in the fall, and everyone knows everyone)
2. Holly Pond, Alabama (sounds fancy, but it's basically a lot of really nice chicken farmers)
3. Jacksonville, Alabama (college town)
4. Miami, Florida (crazy driving, cafe con leche- not to be confused with La Leche League, hot and beautiful city)
5. Overland Park, Kansas (friendly people, laid back, famous for BBQ and crazy weather)

Ok... Olya and Leah, if you are up for this then consider yourself "tagged."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that I now know all of that aout you!!!

Lisa said...

oops. that should say "about you"!! Sorry for the bad typing.

Amanda H. said...

I second the toilet thing AND another weird coincidence: I bite my cheek, particulary my left one.

Unknown said...

Hey.. thanks for leaving a comment red-haired therapist! :)