Friday, May 23, 2008

Another Day On The Farm

Today I had a doctor's appointment and afterwards I went out to Ben's Grandma and Grandpa's house. I love to go out there because it's peaceful and they are a lot of fun. There's always some form of wildlife to behold, so I took along my camera. *By the way, the baby's doing fine and the doctor said I am 3/4 of the way effaced, and 1 cm dilated. Apparently I've been experiencing real contractions although I thought they were just practice ones and they said it could be any time now.

This is a turtle that I saw on the road.

This is a snake that Grandpa caught in the garage on a freezer. He just grabbed it. It bit him too. Grandma said "don't worry, he's on blood thinner, so it looks worse than it really is." It takes some serious guts to just pick up a snake like this. I thought that he released the snake and later on I told him if that snake had bit me it would have been a gonner. He replied, "it is a gonner... vengeance is mine."

This is Grandpa getting some alcohol on his bite. Notice the snake coiling around his arm.

Then Grandma and Aunt Jo busted out the accordions. Jo is really into the accordion and she borrowed the small white one from a friend. She said that it was the baby one and the one she's holding is the "Mrs." of the accordions. She said she wants the whole family. I tried the small one myself and everyone laughed when I asked how to turn it on. It's like a harmonica... you squeeze it to make it sound.


Here are some of the spring flowers at Grandma's place. She works very hard on her flower beds.


2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Ben's grandparents are so cute! He really has an interesting family. I love the "don't worry, he's on blood thinner"...

Way to dilate! Better get that overnight bag packed! Don't forget undies, the hosptial issued ones are absolutely medieval!

Stephanie said...

How exciting Meredith. That baby sitting on your "parts" is really doing the job. I have to agree with your friend, you need to pack a bag. Mom will be driving me crazy now packing the van in anticipation!!
Love you-Steph