Sunday, May 04, 2008

Baby Prep

We had such a nice weekend! Ben has worked really hard painting on the office area (used to be a dining room). I'll show pictures later on that. He also has put down grub stuff to well... to kill them in the yard. He is determined to have a nice lawn. We also had some friends over for lunch on Saturday.
Today the sermon at our church was great and we spoke to some people we met at the new members class. It was really nice. Then we went out to Ben's Grandma and Grandpa's house. They live out in the country and I love how peaceful it is out there. It never fails that I see some wildlife at some point. Today I saw a turkey. Grandma gave me some little outfits she found at a yard sale. Here we are trying to imagine our little baby in one of the outfits. Although I think my head looks huge in this photo, I'm posting it anyway!




Ben's Aunt Teckla was there today along with his Uncle Dennis and Teckla gave me these paintings she did for our baby room! She is a very talented artist and I think they are cute.

4 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Those are very cute paintings!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby outfit! Baby Barreth will be so cute in that! It is such a blessing to have family near by.By the way, the first time I ever saw a turkey was in Alabama. Huggy pointed it out to me and I didn't believe him. It was so ugly and it didn't at all look like the pictures I had drawn as a child... you know, when you trace your hand and all. Anyway, they are uhhhgly!

Unknown said...

I love turkeys. I can never seem to get a photo of one though because of their amazing eyesight! They are not the most beautiful animal in the world, but I get excited when I see them. You see a lot of turkeys, groundhogs, and deer up here.

Beki Lee said...

for fun cute baby stuff! Where are you gonna put the pictures? have you decided yet?