Monday, May 19, 2008

Peonies

Here is a picture of some of the peonies from our yard. Aren't they beautiful?

Also, below are the lyrics to a new song that I heard part of yesterday for the first time. We turned the channel when I burst into tears in the middle of it. You'll understand why when you read the lyrics.

V1:
She took the test and failed it, we blamed each other for awhile, all our big plans had no little ones in 'em. We just weren't ready for a child. So we set the alarm for seven. There's a place right down the street. It was a night like any other night, but when I fell asleep...

Chorus:
I saw his face, he had my eyes, I swear he had your smile, chasin' a butterfly, he laughed and skipped and caught it softly, placed it in my hands, he said please don't kill the butterfly.

V2:
Well I woke up kinda shaken, tried not to wake her from her sleep. And then she quietly whispered, I just had this dream...

Chorus:
I saw his face he had your eyes I swear he had my smile, chasin' a butterfly, he laughed and skipped and caught it softly, placed it in my hands, and said please don't kill the butterfly.

V3:
The alarm went off at seven, but we laid in bed till noon, and she and I spent the rest of the day, painting butterflies in his room.

Chorus:
I saw his face he had my eyes, I swear he had your smile, chasin' a butterfly, he laughed and skipped and caught it softly, placed it in my hands, and said please, he said please don't kill the butterfly. Don't kill the butterfly.

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

What a song to hear when you're pregnant! I BET you cried!

And BTW your peonies are lovely, you have quite a green thumb!

Stephanie said...

The peonies are beautiful. The ones here have already come and gone.

Jason Arrington said...

Hey Merideth. It's Jason Arrington. I need your email address. I have a recipe to send you that you will love. Email me at jarr2008@bellsouth.net.