So... Ben and I took a trip to Joann's Fabrics and had fun picking out fabric. Then I printed out a pattern from online but that was scrapped when I read I'd have to get all kinds of extra materials. Ben's Grandpa made some Roman blinds for Grandma and so I decided we'd do it Grandpa's way. Let me just add that Ben's Grandpa is a jack of all trades. He can hunt, sew, invent, preach and any other sort of thing you need done. With the patient help of Ben's Grandma, Georgia, we made the first blind today. (she did most of the work) You'll never believe it, but there are coat hanger wires in the seams and I marveled at how Grandpa bent them so straight. Next he is going to help me hang the string for them.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
New Project
So... Ben and I took a trip to Joann's Fabrics and had fun picking out fabric. Then I printed out a pattern from online but that was scrapped when I read I'd have to get all kinds of extra materials. Ben's Grandpa made some Roman blinds for Grandma and so I decided we'd do it Grandpa's way. Let me just add that Ben's Grandpa is a jack of all trades. He can hunt, sew, invent, preach and any other sort of thing you need done. With the patient help of Ben's Grandma, Georgia, we made the first blind today. (she did most of the work) You'll never believe it, but there are coat hanger wires in the seams and I marveled at how Grandpa bent them so straight. Next he is going to help me hang the string for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice. I'm really enjoying your kitchen remodeling. Hope everything is great!
Coat hangers? hmm, very crafty! I love the fabric (& JoAnn's!)
i need to see some belly pics, cmon missy!!!!! i love you and miss you and am mad jealous of your homemaking skills....
Post a Comment