Today Ben and I went to the doctor's to have our first sonogram. We both found it very interesting even though it is difficult to make out what you are seeing most of the time. The lady giving my sonogram said that I was not as far along as I thought (I was not surprised). I was supposed to be 19 weeks and 1 day, but instead I am at 17 1/2 weeks by all the measurements she took today. That makes my due date at June 9th. These pictures are hard to make sense of I guess, but the head is over on the right and the baby has its mouth open. The lady taking the sonogram said "maybe its singing." I thought that was pretty appropriate. During the sonogram we saw the heart beating and also we saw the baby sucking. She said she saw fluid in the baby's stomach so it's been drinking fluid.

This second one is equally hard to distinguish. Again, the head is on the right (the baby was laying across my stomach long ways or transverse) and it is facing the camera with a hand up in front of its face.
The lady said that my placenta is to the back, so that means I'm going to feel this baby kick more. It's only 7 ounces right now she said. We have decided to not find out the sex of the baby. Ben wanted to be surprised and I have been talked into not knowing. After today's sonogram if she told me the sex I'm not sure I would believe her anyway. It's so shadowy. I figure the baby won't mind what color I paint its room anyway. We are so grateful everything looks ok.
3 comments:
Peanut's growing up so fast!!!!
Yeah! Love the pictures even though they're fuzzy. It's good the placenta's in the back, you'll love feeling the kicks, but mostly because they say babies tend to face their placenta when they get in position for the birth and you definately want that kid to be facing your back when June 9th gets here!
aww, i'm so excited for you, i'll have to plan a trip up there this summer! love you mucho!
-stacey
Post a Comment