Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Missouri Wildlife

There are so many rabbits in our neighborhood! I probably see about 5 a day. Here's one in our backyard.

This is Ben trying to feed the rabbit carrots. It hopped away. Ben swears he looks like an old lady in this picture.



At Ben's Grandparents house I see wild turkeys all the time. I tried getting a picture of several I saw today, but they run out of sight the moment they see movement. (of course, I was wearing a red t-shirt today....hum) Apparently, turkeys have eyesight like an eagle and can spot you even in a tree. Grandpa told a story today I thought was funny. He said that the other day he heard a bird that makes a sound like "whippoorwill" and the bird did that sound for a long time. Then, Grandpa started making the sound and then he looked over and some turkeys were fussing at him for continuing the noise. They gobbled at him.
Happy Independence Day everyone!

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Ha ha! He DOES look like an old lady!

We had whippoorwills in Arkansas too.