Saturday, June 30, 2007

Country Road, Take Me Home


Well... we made it. It has been long and a little emotionally draining... but we made it. Ben and I moved to Kansas City using my mother's horse trailer. Boy was it interesting seeing a horse trailer in Miami! I can't say I'd recommend it really, but it did save us money. When we opened it when we got to Kansas City John, Ben's brother, said "it looks like you just threw some stuff in there." Here's a picture of us at a rest stop on the way up to Alabama. All I have to say is... Florida is LONG.

We spent some quality time with my mom and dad, sister and my neice and nephew. We went to a water park with them and when I took this photo I was trying to get them to pose for me. Fat chance when they were so excited about going in.
We also visited my brother Preston in his new place in Manchester, TN. He's managing the Cracker Barrel restaurant there.
Finally, we were ready for the rest of our long drive.... to Kansas City.


Here's our new place temporarily in Lee's Summit. It's been raining a lot since we've gotten here. It's pretty overwhelming moving somewhere completely new. The other day we went around the city with a realtor and she said "you could invite all your friends over and BBQ on that deck"... and I was thinking "hum... got to make friends first." We've driven around A LOT and looked at houses. I've also been researching schools in the area and deciding what I'm going to do. Monday I've decided I'm going to hit the pavement and start passing out some resumes. Also Ben starts at his new office on Monday... so say a prayer if you think of us.

2 comments:

John said...

wow, a horse trailor! That's cheaper and definately more interesting than a U-haul........

hope you settle in and get your house in order. Also, that you find the perfect house for you. Not too big, not too small, with nice neighbors.

love you,
stacey

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Maybe the rain is to help you adjust gently! Glad to see a new post, I was beginning to get worried.