The school I teach at is really remarkable. I thought I'd share some pictures I took of our new building. I also took some pictures of the building that I teach in. It once was a home to some wealthy people from Pennsylvania. When some of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart toured the property they saw a saying inscribed above the pool that read "The kiss of the sun for pardon, the song of the bird for mirth, one is nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth". That did it... they bought the property and made it into a Catholic school for girls. The house is called "El Jardin", which in Spanish means "the garden". It's a wonderful place!

This is the new building from the outside.

This is one of the handpainted ceilings in the new building. Beautiful!

This is a portrait of Mater, or Mary. This is hung in every school of the Sacred Heart around the world. It is modeled after a mural in a chapel in Rome. Ben and I saw the real one on our honeymoon. This one is special because of the background. It's like you're looking out of El Jardin.

El Jardin interior.

El Jardin exterior.
1 comment:
You know Meredith....you are really roughing it at school while you work :-) The place is absolutely beautiful. Love you-Steph
Post a Comment