I thought this bit of football humor would make someone smile out there. Ben and I really have no interest in football. Back in Alabama people always ask you if you are an Alabama or Auburn fan. I would always look at them and say "What?" People didn't just root for a team... they had car seats, earrings, sweatshirts, EVERYTHING in their team's colors and mascots. People are serious about football in Alabama. For this superbowl, I think Prince is singing at half time. As a music teacher I can honestly say that I find Prince's singing abhorant. Local TV stations here said that if you wanted to be on the field during halftime with Prince (one of the many in the crowds of adoring fans) you had to be able to run the length of two football fields and you had to be able to stand on your feet for a few hours. Well... although this post sounds frightfully negative, for those of you that enjoy football I tip my hat to you.
Friday, February 02, 2007
Superbowl
I thought this bit of football humor would make someone smile out there. Ben and I really have no interest in football. Back in Alabama people always ask you if you are an Alabama or Auburn fan. I would always look at them and say "What?" People didn't just root for a team... they had car seats, earrings, sweatshirts, EVERYTHING in their team's colors and mascots. People are serious about football in Alabama. For this superbowl, I think Prince is singing at half time. As a music teacher I can honestly say that I find Prince's singing abhorant. Local TV stations here said that if you wanted to be on the field during halftime with Prince (one of the many in the crowds of adoring fans) you had to be able to run the length of two football fields and you had to be able to stand on your feet for a few hours. Well... although this post sounds frightfully negative, for those of you that enjoy football I tip my hat to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment