Thursday, January 04, 2007

Barbeque by Mail ...

My mom was really generous this Christmas and sent us a huge rack of ribs by mail. The barbequed ribs and brisket were made in a restaurant in Kansas city that she swears is that absolute best in America. Well of course, Meredith has tasted some pretty fine BBQ in AL, so I think mom had something to prove.

The fact is - we haven't tried the ribs yet because they're going to take another 24hours to defrost. Why? Because they were packaged in dry ice!

Of course, I've never had my very own dry ice to mess around with so I was immediately more fascinated with the packaging than with the package contents. Here is a quick video we made of me experimenting with the dry ice... and you just thought you were going to read about barbeque here! Pretty exciting stuff!

(Please try to ignore the out-of-sync audio: our camera and youtube.com don't mix well).



Don't try this at home ... erm ... like we did!

No comments: