Thursday, May 16, 2013

Durufle Requiem

Today has been an unexpected day.  A friend called me this morning and offered to take my kids for the day and had a surprise for me.  I recently watched her three girls for several days, but I did not expect anything in return.  She gave me a gift card to World Market and a day to myself!  I almost don't know what to do with myself.

So... I went to World Market and bought some wonderful things like a new skillet!  (you know you are a mom when you get heart palpitations over a skillet)  Then I went to Aldi and bought watermelons, then I went out to eat by myself at an Indian buffet (my favorite).  Then I went and looked at the Christian bookstore and then I went and drove through the car wash.  I am home now and practicing music for a rehearsal tomorrow night.  We are doing the Durufle Requiem and I am using this recording to practice with.  These boys sing so beautifully it makes me want to cry.

I am so fortunate to be able to sing this stuff.  I considered giving up the choir with the coming of this third baby, but I just can't do it.  My church doesn't sing this style of music and I just can't live without it.  I find it so enriching to sing intellectually engaging music!  Songs in other languages that people for centuries have sung.  So, today I am thankful for thoughtful deeds returned to me unexpectedly, good music and time off.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm glad you aren't going to quit the choir. I think you'd really miss the singing and the fellowship with the other singers. And you'd really miss using your talent.