I toy around with a lot of foods in my kitchen. I like to try new things. Here lately it's been raw food recipes. I made this pie yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the chocolate mousse filling. It is a very nourishing recipe and sprinkled with chocolate chips or a little whipped cream or strawberries they will not realize they are eating healthy. Try it! If you've never worked with medjool dates, they are delicious... don't be scared!
1/4 C pitted medjool dates, soaked in water 30 min
1/4 C plus 2 T water
2 T pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C chopped avocados (1 1/4 avocados or 1 large one)
1/4 C plus 2 T unsweetened cocoa or carob powder
Place dates, 1/4 C date water that they've been soaking in, maple syrup, and vanilla in food processor and process until smooth. Add avocado and cocoa powder and process till creamy. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides. Add the remaining 2 T water and process briefly. It will keep for 3 days in the fridge or two weeks in the freezer.
We were making pizza crusts together and I told them to smile. This is their "smile." :)
Checking the dough.
1 comment:
I don't know why I never thought of putting my doughs outside to rise, that would certainly be a "warm place"!!! And I've never even heard of medjool dates, but your recipe looks yummy.
Post a Comment