My mom got a sewing machine for me for my birthday. Up until this point, my crafts have been centered around paper mostly. I'm a little afraid of fabric. There, I said it. A piece of paper? Well... I can just wad it up and throw it in the trash. I mean, how much does a piece of paper cost anyway? But fabric? Yikes!
But today some friends from my small group who also want to learn got together and learned how to thread our machines and fill bobbins and such. So far my favorite words are "feed dogs" and "bobbin". I'm going to try to work that into my everyday speech.
Here's my machine. Ain't she pretty?
This is my first project that isn't done yet. I took a size 3 skirt I found in the thrift store and I'm making it into an apron. I will put on a pocket and side straps to tie round and a thing around my neck. We decided it looks a bit like the little mermaid makes an apron... but I can live with that! Did I mention it's a size 3? I just think that part's funny.
Yesterday the kids went to the movies for the first time. We saw Beauty and the Beast. They had a ton of popcorn and water and loved it. The first movie I saw in the theater? I think Bambie.
They also really appreciated the hand blowers. Those things are pure power!
No comments:
Post a Comment