Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dinner Theater

I have such a wonderful husband. He makes me laugh so much. I truly think that laughter is so important, especially in this time in our lives when we are raising kids. I have been feeling very sick so far with this pregnancy and tonight was no exception. I'm not sure if it's psychological, but right around the time I'm supposed to make dinner it hits the worst. In the last few nights I've pushed through it and made dinner. Tonight I was just so queasy that I didn't know if I could do it... so Ben decided he'd make dinner. I chose something easy because he normally doesn't cook. I chose a box of macaroni and cheese (yes, I know, so nutritious) and some chicken fingers and green beans. I went and sat in the living room in the recliner and took some deep breaths. All the while I hear Ben in the kitchen reading the instructions for the macaroni. 6 cups of water... ok... Then Ben starts to entertain the restless baby in the high chair. This is what I was seeing from the living room:



Afterwards he asked me how many tablespoons of milk to put in and by the time I said 3 he had put 6 in. He said, "well, it's probably better that way anyway. We'll just serve it with a slotted spoon." :) So.. we sat down to our meal of macaroni and cheese with the slotted spoon and chicken fingers and green beans. Ben is one of those rare people that can work all day, ride his bike to the bus stop, ride his bike home, bound through the door and cook dinner and entertain a baby all while making his wife laugh-- all with a sunny attitude. What can I say, I love him.

1 comment:

John said...

Ha!
I am so glad you have such a great partner in this journey.....
stacey