Monday, June 22, 2009

Just Cause and Meal Plan

I just had to share two of the things Gwen received as gifts for her birthday.



I know it has been ages since I posted anything regarding food or meal plans. That's because my meal plans consisted of opening canned soups or asking to go out or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'm sure you all figured out how to make a PB&J a long time ago. Anywho, I'm reviving my determination to make home cooked meals as I eat much healthier when I do. So here goes...

sloppy joes using left over hot dog buns- are you salivating yet? HA! Actually, my mom's sloppy joes are really good and do not use manwich or whatever that stuff is in a can. Here's the ingredients...

1 pound hamburger
1 T wertishire sauce (spelling anyone?)
1 T apple cider vinegar
2 T water
1/4 C ketchup
1 T mustard
3 T brown sugar
onion flakes (or I used onion powder)
1/4 tsp of cumin

brown the hamburger (we always do that in the microwave in my family) We just do 2 minutes at a time and stir and break up the hamburger till it's not pink anymore. Drain off the fat.

Add all the ingredients and stir and then put back in microwave and do 2 minutes and stir, 2 minutes, stir. My mom says cook at least 6 minutes, but I only did 4 and I thought everything was well mixed. Put on top of bun or hot dog bun and put relish or mustard or nothing at all. It's good!

Ok... back to the meal plan...

chicken pot pie with bisquits
meatloaf, corn pudding, green beans
quesadillas
chicken noodle soup

No comments: