Saturday, June 13, 2009

Deanna Rose Farmstead

Today we took a family outing to the Deanna Rose Farmstead. It is free to get in and we've never actually been before... but it's incredible! They had all kinds of animals: hawks, bobcats, geese, ducks, goats, horses, sheep, an eagle, turkeys, rabbits, and pigs just to name a few. Here are some pictures from our day.

Gwen pointing to the sheep.

Pigs taking a siesta.


We rented a fishing pole and they give you real worms. It was fun until we caught a fish and Ben couldn't get the hook out for several minutes. We felt kind of sad to be scraping the inside of that fish. I think I'm no longer country. I've gone soft.


Here was my fine catch. I don't even think it would make a fish stick.

With a cow.


We saw the cutest little Indian popping her head out of the tee pee.


She is a rare light skinned Indian. :)



1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Gwen does make a cute indian!! How fun :) You know, when you said your catch wouldn't make a fish stick, I was confused because I thought stick was a verb and then I thought you were talking about your pole (because it looked like a stick)...and then it dawned on me - a fish stick!