Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Signs of Spring

I set up Baby Barreth's crib with sheets and the bumper and all today. I got the bumper from my sister and my mom bought the crib. It's the Jenny Lind style. Doesn't it look pretty?
Ben bought me some tulips the other day and they are beginning to open!

We have a forsythia bush in our front yard and back yard. I love the blooms! Do you realize how long it has been since I have experienced a spring? By the way... it snowed here on Saturday and Sunday... not enough to accumulate, but enough. (can anyone say CRAZY?)

Blooms on one of our trees in our back yard. Ben has been out in our back yard faithfully for several days now watering and seeding and walking around in his shoes with the nails. It was warm enough tonight to have our dinner out on our back deck. It was really nice.

Bird house in our back yard.
Things I like about spring:
daffodils, the feeling of really cold water going down my throat, cucumbers that we had tonight for dinner, not having to wear a coat, watching Ben get excited about grass, neighborhood kids coming out to play, thinking of summer and watermelons. As you probably noticed, many of these things have to do with food. What can I say?

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I always like drinking the water at my parents' house in the winter time. They had to re-pipe the house through the attic, so the pipes get REALLY cold and it's just perfectly cold right from the tap.

Your crib is beautiful! I bet you will only use the bumper with your first child though! :) I got soooooo tired of retying that thing everytime I had to change the sheets! I finally found a tip in a baby magazine about layering crib sheets and waterproof pads. I had two pads, so I layered 3 crib sheets (we have a plastic liner over the mattress)- wonderful for diapers that leak at 2am!!