Sunday, April 13, 2008
Eight Months and Counting
Today I start my eighth month! Almost there and I can't believe it. Here I am in my choir outfit in the backyard. We always joke and say that jacket looks like something the golden girls would wear. I have really grown in my seventh month. I'm starting to feel a bit heavier and like I need to walk like a cowboy. I had a wonderful baby shower yesterday and I'm really getting excited about becoming a mother. Just looking at those tiny outfits blows my mind! I do wonder more and more about whether it is a boy or girl, but it is kind of fun not knowing. The hard part is choosing a name! I "think" we've narrowed it down to two names if it is a girl. It will either be "Gwen Rebekah Barreth" or "Bronwyn Rebekah Barreth". I wanted a Welsh name because Ben grew up over there and my name is Welsh. For a boy we are still thinking and toiling. I like the name "Roman Jack Barreth" and Ben likes "Franklin Dean Barreth". Roman because we spent our honeymoon in Rome and I think it sounds strong. Jack is a family name.. Ben's great- grandpa. We knew a Franklin on Ben's Grandma's side that was a very kind and wonderful man that lived well into his 90's and was married over 70 years when we met him. He made a good impression on us... and plus, Ben thinks it sound friendly. My hesitation with Franklin is that I don't want it to turn into "little Frankie" or "Frankfurter" or something like that. I like the name Dean, but several people have told me they think of Jimmy Dean sausage. AH! Do you see how hard this is? Anyway... we're not sure about the boy names.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You look fabulous! I will be so surprised if this kid is not a boy!
I love Bronwyn! And that jacket is funny, just around 25 years too old for you.
Laura S
Hey meredith! I think this is the first time I have commented on your blog. Did you know that there is such a thing as "blog etiquette(sp)"? I just recently learned that not commenting on a blog you read makes you a "blog stalker"! I have been reading your blog for a while now, it makes me laugh just as hard as the good ol' days at JSU! You look great as does the baby room! You must give us all the details of the delivery. I know it will be life changing for you and Ben. Talk to you later.
Jennifer from Ohatchee!
Hey all! It's always hard to know who reads the blog. I'm so happy you're not a "blog stalker" anymore Jenny! ha ha.. I've never heard of that.
Hey Meme! I and the children think you look adorable. You really barely look pregnant although I am sure you are feeling it by now.....about those boys names.....you know my feelings on the matter. Either way, we will love it. I can't wait to see what you have so that I can find some cute newborn stuff!! I love baby clothes and things. They are just so sweet. Have fun this week!
Love the names. But you have to realize that Franklin will prob become Frank as an adult. If you are ok with that, then go for it. No matter what you do as a parent, guys just get their names shortened as adults.... ; )
Glad to see Jennifer decided to comment!
Hope you have a wonderful delivery, I am so excited for you. Enjoy your spring....
Stacey
Post a Comment