
Every morning I eat a piece of fruit for breakfast. Yesterday when I went grocery shopping I saw the most beautiful mangoes. I just had to get a couple of them. You see, I'd never eaten a mango until I moved to Miami. At the school I taught at they had really old mango trees with tons of fruit on them and around this time of year they would start dropping off. Besides fighting the squirrels for them, you also had to fight off the kids for them. Whenever we would hear a thump sound you immediately started running to see where the mango fell. Teachers would get to school at 7am to search the ground for new mangoes. You get the picture. So here I was this morning peeling my wonderful mango that I bought and thinking "ha ha.. here I am in the middle of the country in KANSAS and I'm peeling a mango." It's not as fun as getting one free from a tree though. Honestly, I have missed Miami in some ways. Especially my friends and coworkers and the fact that people like to dance in Miami. I also miss black beans and rice... but one of the things I miss is running toward one of those trees and finding the perfect mango lying there for free. If you've never tried a mango... go and get one!! They are at Super Wal-Mart. :)
2 comments:
I kinda want one now! You make them sound so good.
How are feeling? Not long now till baby arrives!
Lisa
I'm feeling pretty good... just a heaviness in my abdomen ya know? ha! I think this kid is riding low cause I feel like if I coughed hard enough it might come out. Of course, watch it take hours and hours. :)
Post a Comment