
This year, as always, we drove down to Alabama for Christmas. This year has been filled with change for everyone it seems as my mom and dad have a new house.
We had a gathering of our family on Christmas eve to open presents and a nice dinner. My niece and nephew were beside themselves to open presents (we had told them when it got dark we would open them) and so when we discovered that they had already arranged all the presents out on the floor we knew we'd better go ahead and open them.

This is my neice and nephew, Chloe and Clay. They were distributing presents with the help of their mom.

After we opened all our nice gifts I sat the kids down and explained that I had brought some Christmas crackers like the people in Britain open on Christmas. Usually in Britain everyone opens them at the dinner table with arms crossed, but I forgot about them at dinner. We enjoyed the little paper crowns and prizes in them. This is Chloe wearing her red lips that came in her Christmas cracker.

This was my prize... the moustache. I couldn't smile or the moustache would fall off.

We told my brother, Preston, that we needed a picture of the royal family. This is a very typical look you get from my brother.

This is my sister Stephanie and me with our crowns.

This is my parent's new house. It's beautiful.

Most of the houses look pretty similar, but my parent's house has one defining feature... this huge boulder thing in the front. It was left over by the builder and they said they'd come back for it and never did. My mom likes it and wants it to stay. Strange how things work like that.

Today I went to my sister's house to look through some baby items she has kept. Needless to say... I was a little overwhelmed with everything, but thankful we won't have to buy it ourselves.
1 comment:
:) Take all the hand-me-downs you can, you'll feel a lot less disappointed when the baby poops on them!!!
You look fantastic, pregnancy really agrees with you ;)
Post a Comment