Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bring Your Lunch

Here's a poem that Romy brought home along with a little craft she did in my Community Bible Study (CBS).  She was learning about the little boy that gave the fish and loaves and how Jesus fed the 5,000 with it.

I would like to help you Jesus,
I would like to know the way.
I'd like to be like that little boy,
Who shared his lunch one day.

I know a great big smile I can give,
"I love you, Daddy," I can say.
These are some things that I can share
That I can give away.

A happy face I can wear,
"You can play with my toys," I can say.
These are the things that I can share
That I can give away.

So help me, dear loving Jesus,
Teach me every day;
All the things that I can share,
That I can give away.

I heard a speaker speak on the little boy that brought his lunch and gave it to Jesus and stepped back and watched the miracle.  I want to be like him.  I want to hold up all my abilities and hopes and the small things I have and step back, get out of the way, and watch how God uses these things for a miracle.  I want to train myself and my kids to always be looking at what we can give away... not what we can gain.  Lord, help me in this.  Help me not fall into discontent.  You have given so much.  Help me be at rest and live with open hands... accepting the good and accepting the hard things too.



No comments: