This quote struck me this morning:
"Tribulations are what separate true believers from mere pretenders. That's why it's so important for us to practice endurance now. Every day provides opportunities to practice faithful endurance. Each time we deny ourselves, walk the extra mile, make the extra sacrifice, bless someone who curses us, we are growing in endurance and proving our faith is genuine."
I've recently walked into a new phase of leadership. I'm taking over the role of coordinator for a mom's group at church. It is a huge learning curve for me and tricky to navigate with changes and wanting to honor the leadership that has spent so much time and care and prayer to watch over this group. I'm asking God to make me the leader He wants me to be.
I heard a speaker talk about the Biblical story of the boy that brought the 2 fish and 3 loaves of bread to the feeding of the 5,000. He packed a lunch and then gave it to Jesus and then got out of the way. That's what I hope to do. Bring my abilities and strengths and vulnerabilities and flaws and give them all to Jesus and then get out of the way. I want to be the kind of person that gives Jesus all credit and glory for anything that goes right and learn from anything that goes wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment