We recently had a very heavy rain. The kids were so giddy about going to play in it. The neighbor children were here and so they borrowed swimwear and went out too. They had a good time. To me, playing in the rain is a childhood must. I remember putting on one of my dad's t-shirts and running in the rain and it being so fun.
Zeke gets dressed for school on his own most days. The other day it was cool out so I chose pants and a short sleeved shirt. He put it on and then I turned my back and he changed into this... He says he likes the cold on his skin. I thought to myself.. I just don't have the energy to fight this one... so off he went in 55 degrees like this.
Romy's 2nd birthday is approaching and I have decided to make a pinata for her. It's going to be an ice cream cone. I went to Hobby Lobby to get supplies and the lady said "now, you know I have an ice cream cone pinata don't you?" and I asked her how much it was. She said $12 and something cents. I was tempted, but decided to just make one myself because if I'm going to be good at making pinatas I have to practice sometime and I fully intend on sending my kids one in college. Or at least that's what I say now. I think I might have lost my mind by not purchasing that one in Hobby Lobby.
The girl on the left is Gwen... girl on the right is Romy. They are like little peas in a pod!
We have a skunk that visits every night in my backyard. It's driving me insane!








1 comment:
I am sure your homemade pinata will be awesome! We are making mini pinatas to send out in lieu of birthday cards right now. They are going to look like pieces of cake.
Post a Comment