Friday, August 14, 2015

Distracted

 I live in constant concern that I turn into this guy.  Missing the big wonderful moment when a humpback whale comes right beside you and you miss it.  Or rather, I miss it.  It's a real struggle to stay in the moment and really LISTEN to your people.  I mean kids, spouse, friends, ect.  I want to be a good listener.  I want to notice stuff.  I have to be alert.  The cost of not being alert is too high. 


When I went to Branson I bought this from Pier 1.  It was on clearance and I hardly ever go in there, but Ben and I were on a date and I saw it and wanted it.  I love it.  I have been journaling almost every day in there about why I need to be alert and it is a great reminder.  Instead of playing on my phone in the pickup line I journal or look around at nature.   


No comments: