Thursday, August 13, 2015

Back to School

 Over the past few days we have gotten both Gwen and Zeke off to school.  Gwen is in second grade this year and Zeke is in kindergarten.  Wow!  Zeke goes half day, so I pick him up at 11:30.  This morning he didn't want me walking him in.  I guess that means he is ready to spread his wings a bit, but it sure is hard to swallow at times. 

I don't buy back to school clothes, but I did buy the kids these shirts.  They came from Aldi. :) 


This is Gwen's watercolored lily.  I really think it came out great.  It's tough getting the shading right with watercolor, but I'd like to learn.


Here's mine.  Mine's all smudgy, but I still like it.


Here is Zeke and his little buddy a few houses down, Luke.  They are in the same class.


Zeke and mama


Gwen looks so elegant and grown up in these pictures.  I couldn't pick my favorite, so I included all of them.  I know every parent must think their children are adorable, but I really think they are beautiful.  You know you are getting older when you look at their unblemished skin and admire that.




Gwen and her friend Katie Beth.  They are in different classes, but same grade.




Romy likes the extra attention she gets when they are at school.






Playing with Claire.



Ben got this rose for me a few days ago.  He is very good about getting me flowers.  He knows I really love them.  Anyway, this one is spectacular.  I tell the kids if they touch it the petals may fall off and I be a beast forever.  It looks like the one from Beauty and the Beast. :)





1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Your kids are adorable! Gwen is beautiful just like her mama :)