Someone showed me this verse in the last few days. I like the idea of calming myself like a satisfied child at a mom's breast. Tonight Ben and I went out and left all three with a babysitter. The babysitters called us back early because Romy just cried the entire time. (fussy teething baby) When I came back home I took her into her room and nursed her and she quieted right down. I thought of this verse... that when I am so tired and cranky and beyond myself if I can just get alone with the Lord even for a minute to quiet myself with His presence, the milk of His Word. Is this getting weird? ok, I'll stop :)
Psalm 131
A song of ascents. Of David.
1 My heart is not proud, Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.
3 Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore.
both now and forevermore.
No comments:
Post a Comment