Ben and I had our 10th anniversary in early November. I never got around to blogging about it, but I was looking through one of my writing tablets (I have many filled with grocery lists, to do lists and Scriptures, prayers, ect) and found this poem I wrote to Ben. I am no poet, but I do love Ben. We went to a concert the other night and it was so nice just to have a night with no kids and sit by each other and laugh. These years since having kids have been tiring years, but we are committed and enjoying each other.
A Decade Devoted
A decade devoted
to that man of mine
that makes me laugh
until I'm cryin'
Years of laughter, a few tears
fits from me and the kids
three miracles joining along
Gwen, Zeke and Romy joined our song
you melt my heart
with your tenderness and wit
I'm not really sure how to rhyme with wit.
Keep dreaming big and take me along,
because with you my heart forever belongs.
No comments:
Post a Comment