Saturday, July 06, 2013

Living In the Moment

It is interesting to see how mothering changes over time for me.  I had a conversation with my sister about how hard it is to stay in the moment in this day and age with so many distractions.  I think that is a constant struggle for every mother.  This morning I really enjoyed watching the kids play in the rain.





We moved this rosebush from the back yard to the front yard and thought it might die... but it has bounced back and I'm so happy about it.  I am really enjoying looking out my big window at these beautiful yellow roses.


In pregnancy news, I'll be 31 weeks along tomorrow.  I went to a specialist for my gestational diabetes and my blood sugars are looking very good.  My prayer is that I can go until the end controlling my sugar through diet with no medicine.  They said to not feel like a failure if I have to go on meds, but I must admit I would be very disappointed.  They said because I have gestational diabetes this time that they probably will want to deliver me in my 39th week.  If I have trouble controlling my sugar or the baby is very big they said they'd want me to deliver in my 38th week.  I'm not sure how I feel about all that, but I'm taking it day by day.  They will start monitoring the baby by ultrasound when I reach 34 weeks.  I'm looking forward to seeing the baby again by ultrasound.  This baby is strong and moves often and so I am reassured she is doing just fine.  I'll give you another belly picture soon.  I'm busy running after two others that I can barely get a photo of myself these days.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Two of my babies were born in the 38th week (and Natalie just barely, we were just out of week 37) and they were both fine. Annalise went 41 weeks and was jaundice. Maybe you'll go into labor in the 38th week and won't have to worry about the induction!