Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gwen turns 5

My baby girl turned 5!  It seems like such a big number.  Her party this year was jewel themed.  I didn't know exactly how to make a pinata.. so I winged it.  Fortunately I keep things like broken necklaces.



Our little friend Claire


Ben set up everything outside... sure do appreciate that man!




He asked to do the pinata about a hundred times.




I saw this jello dish on some blog and I thought it looked like jewels.  It got rave reviews.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try it myself because I found out the other day I have gestational diabetes.  (sigh) So... here's to a summer devoted to being healthy for my newest little precious baby girl!


Baquette, ranch and then put in your veggies.  I thought it looked fancy.


 Ben's brother, John, is back from the navy.  Zeke told him this morning to take off his shirt because "us kids" are going to swim not the adults.  :)  It's good to have him home beore he moves off to California.

 The boys


The girls minus my sister-in-law Melody.  My belly.... let's not talk about it.


Gwen and Katie Beth


a jewel garland that my friend Breanne made for me.



1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

A jewel theme! I love it! Happy Birthday Gwen!