Some things we can all learn from the Amish:
1. Spiritual vitality comes at a price. Whether one is Amish or not, the cost of spiritual vitality is high, and those who pay the price are often perceived as paying too much.
2. The importance of taking spiritual perils seriously. Addressing things that get in the way of spiritual vitality requires time, effort, and intentionality.
3. The importance of practices. What does my family do on a regular basis that shapes the lives of my children?
4. Importance of patience. Am I reminded that many good things in life come slowly?
5. The importance of the past. Do I value the practices and wisdom of those that have gone before me? Am I teachable and willing to yield?
6. The importance of people. Do I share in a common purpose, a common set of values, and a common set of spiritual practices as others? How important is Christian community to me in every day life?
No comments:
Post a Comment