Yesterday I taught a group of ladies how to make paper flowers. It was a lot of fun and these ladies had character. I saw these large coffee filters and asked who brought them. One lady named Alice said she did and she thought they would be good for making flowers. I agreed and asked her where she got them. She told me she got them from a garage sale and she's been using them as popcorn bowl liners. I thought that was genius. The thing I'm realizing about crafty people is that they have a constant stream of ideas... and good ones! Alice let me bring the coffee filters home to try to make something out of them. :)
Ben has been taking out our hedges in front. After we got siding this year they were looking forlorn and we decided we'd like to have something that blooms there. Maybe some knockout rose bushes or something. Anyway... Ben broke a spade and a hoe while getting the roots out. He's a hard worker and I love him!
1 comment:
Ben takes after his father when it comes to breaking hoes and shovels. Ray used to break hoes when he helped me with gardening. I think he did it to get out of work! Maybe he didn't. Anyway Ben has always been strong as an ox. It doesn't surprise me that he broke the shovel!
GRanny Pam
Post a Comment