Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ice Block and Graduation

I saw this idea on Pinterest (do any of us have any original thoughts anymore) and thought I'd give it a try.  I let the kids pick some small toys and put them in a pyrex casserole pan with water and froze it.  Then we got out our plastic hammers and I ran water on the bottom side of the casserole pan and out the block of ice came.  It kept them busy for oh, 30 minutes and I enjoyed watching them problem solve.  




Zeke gave up after 5 minutes, but when Gwen got a toy out he was interested again.


She enjoyed it until she hit her finger with the hammer.


Oh, and Cinderella lost her head in this adventure.



Gwen getting Barbie out.


Zeke warming Barbie up.


Last night Melody, my future sister-in-law, graduated with an RN degree.  We are so proud.


No comments: