Thursday, November 17, 2011
Holiday Crafts
Here are some things we've been up to. Yesterday we made pasta Christmas ornaments. I saw this idea on pinterest and bought the wagon wheel pasta to do it. We enjoyed thinking of different configurations for the pasta, but I didn't realize that gluing pasta wheels together is really an advanced skill. I had them "paint" on the glue with paint brushes. In the end I think I made these instead of the kids. In fact, Zeke threw a fit when he realized these were in fact NOT crackers and could not eat them. Here they are in their spray painting stage. We will decorate them with glitter glue. The kids can be a part of that. We made a diamond, three snow flakes and a tree. Gwen did ask me to make a horse out of the pasta, but she was not happy with my attempt. :)
These are our hand and foot psychedelic turkeys. Again, I got this idea from pinterest. I got the psychedelic look by putting paint on a plate in lines of different colors and they put their hands in without mixing it.
After the pasta wheels were a little too complex I got out some scrap paper and we just practiced cutting and tracing and gluing. This is my creation. I kind of like it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like it too - I like seeing your crafts. I hope we can get back to being crafty again soon.
I've never seen the snowflake idea. My Moms group made ribbon Christmas tree shirts for our kids last week. They turned out cute. Think it was a pinterest inspired project.
LS
Post a Comment