Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Before and After- The Bedroom

This is a picture of our master bedroom before we moved in.  I wasn't huge on the tartan curtains and even less of a fan of the popcorn ceiling and brown trim.  So... we got to work on this room.  It always takes SO LONG for home improvements... especially with two little ones running around.


We still need to modernize our bathroom...but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.


Here's some chairs we were given.


I like the dark color.  We are debating putting up the white curtains I have or not.  The bedspread I thought was a king... hum... it might be for a queen.  But IT'LL DO! :)


Yes, we sleep on a mattress on the floor.  Given to us.  The side tables?  Given to us... bedspread?  given to us... the only thing you see in here that we actually bought are the lamps and paint on the walls.  :)  Oh, and the house too.





One day we dream of putting in a snazzy bed like this in there.  BUT since we just bought a furnace/AC and we have windows and siding to do... well... that will be a while.  But I can always look at the picture.  I figure with our kids being young that basically everything we currently have will be destroyed in the process of them growing up.


6 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Nice - I like the brown :) What is the thing in the wall? I would say it looked like a built in aquarium or a window, but not exactly.

Unknown said...

it's a fireplace.

Anonymous said...

I do think you will need a new bedspread. The sales are on right now at Macy's and I have a coupon for 15% if you want it.

Granny P

Jake Barreth said...

It looks awesome! You guys have such a good eye for decorating! Go for some stripy curtains with browns and greens, that'd look awesome!

Olya said...

Love your new bedroom! My favortie are the accents in corners of the white trim... And yeah...kids will ruin that beautiful bed that you selected... so wait :0

Mr. & Mrs. P said...

Way to go with the white crown moldings.. LOOKS WAY BETTER