Yesterday at church the sermon was on attitudes and featured the story of Ruth and Naomi. Naomi (which means delightful) changed her name to Marah (bitter)... while poor Ruth, a foreigner to the Jewish people served a bitter lady with no relief or hope of marriage in sight. So, our challenge was to take inventory and see how our attitudes have been lately. I have to confess... cooking for someone that can't have much sodium and shopping for specialty things has been my attitude challenge of late. I can't use canned anything hardly and only fresh meat... frozen has broth and salt added. As I try to find cans of diced tomatoes with no salt added with a three month old having a melt down... well, you can imagine! I'm sure some of you are reading this especially those of you living in other countries and saying "girl, you haven't even seen frustrating"... but I digress... I confessed all of that to the Lord and little did I know I was going to have a pop quiz the very next morning.
This morning Gwen woke me up at 6am ready for some food. I nursed her and then laid her down on the bed to change her diaper. Can you tell where this is going already? I had a blanket underneath her because I've had her pee on my bed before. So today I was being really careful- off with the wet diaper and immediately on with the new under her. I had the new diaper under her and BAM... you guessed it. She pooped on the blanket, all over my pajamas, on the bed. I have never actually seen her in the act of doing this... but let's say it was dramatic. I think my exact words were "you've got to be kidding me." So after cleaning her, myself, and stripping the sheets and matress cover... oh, and two more diapers in the span of 10 minutes I was still holding it together. I finally laid down with her on the bare mattress to see if I could get more sleep, but alas... she was ready to be up. Such is the life of a mother I think. Here I sit smiling out of sheer sleep deprivation and love for this little person named Gwen.
7 comments:
Does she always stick her booty in the air when she sleeps? What a Cutie!
Oh Meredith! I think life with little kids qualifies as a foreign experience :)
We were in Sunday School yesterday and Lane was talking about how he read the whole Bible in 88 days, so I made some comment about how impossible that would be with little ones underfoot and he actually said, "Well you could listen on tape..." Before someone experiences how brain numbing constant care can be, I think they just can't understand it.
That is, in all honesty, he said it took an hour a day and I could probably find some odd hour to read it all, but there is no way I'd have any comprehension of it at all, I'm having to deal in small bites right now.
she sleeps just like her aunt beki ;)
she likes her legs tucked under... but she doesn't always sleep that way
It warmed my heart to read your poop story...I too have had similar experiences with Clara. Yesterday she spit up in my hair, on my dry-clean only shirt (I know, I know) and all over herself. At times like these, you just have to laugh...or cry if you are sleep deprived.
Gwen has grown so much! When she's a little older she won't poop as often, so you can look forward to less poopy days. At 17mo L pooped in a hotel bathroom one night at a youth conference. I had very little with which to clean. yuck.
Laura
Oh did I laugh when I read the "read the Bible through in 88 days" comment......they have no idea. I am either asleep or working on laundry, etc when the kids are asleep and the rest of the time I HAVE to keep up with them or disaster ensues. If I listened to it on tape, it would just add to the chaos. What I have started to do though (got this one from a friend) is to make cards (in pretty marker colors) with verses that are teaching/telling me something right now and stick them where I am - bathroom mirror, above sink, stove. I may even try the washing machine!
Post a Comment