Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Market Memories

Last night Ben and I were talking before going to sleep and he reminded me of this funny situation that happened when I lived in Miami. I went to the grocery store one day, as always, and when I got to the till I noticed a familiar guy bagging my groceries. He was handicapped in some way because his speech was a bit affected. I had seen him there many times and spoken with him before. This time he said to me "hey, aren't you so glad I get to take you out tonight?" to which I replied with a smile, "well... I'm already married." He proceeded to yell "EWWW... you repel me! you repel me! I was talking about taking out your groceries." Needless to say, it didn't do much for my self image. Just thought I'd share... By the way, as of today my sweet baby Gwen is 12 weeks and 12 lbs!

4 comments:

Olya said...

You know, I'd think you were making these stories up if I didn't know you in real life. Those kind of things DO happen to you. I remember the one when you worked at Nibble Nook, Hah!

And Gwen- what a sweet baby! Which reminds me, what would you like from "over here"???

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

12 weeks! Where has the time gone?!?! She is so cute! She looks like she is looking at something she really wants to get her hands on.

Unknown said...

ha! I remember the story you're referring to about Nibble Nook. Remember the time we got pulled over by the police for going too slow? ha! Oh Olya.. I really can't think of anything. Do Russian women wear slings to carry their kids in? I also have been wishing that I had a big bib thing to conceal myself while nursing. :) Well... I guess I could think of something couldn't I?

Lisa said...

You crack me up...wish you lived closer:)