Yesterday it was raining TORRENTIALLY outside with huge long rolling thunder booms right outside our house. And of course, the dog had to be walked. So I prepared for the worst, putting one of my parents old sailing jackets, swimming trunks and beach sandals. The photo to the left will give you an idea of what I looked like (notice the beautiful snot-colored rain helmet that comes with the sailing coat).
Now All I need is a whaling harpoon to complete the outfit!
So I began to jog up the road with Rusty tearing madly at his leash. It was really pouring out so I started to encourage myself by shouting "don't you LOVE this rusty? This is GREAT isn't it? I LOVE the rain! I LOVE THE RAIN! I LOVE THE RAIN!!!!" (getting progressively louder of course).
I was no more than 50 yards up the road, shouting as I jogged, when I looked up and one of our neighbors was staring at me. He was standing in his garage wearing a suit waiting for a break in the rain before heading out to work I guess. He gave me an apprehensive wave hello, as if to say "hi, how are you? (you're really weird and please don't come over here)".
Ahhh, the sweet bliss of unashamed dog walking. (posted by Ben)
Here's another entertaining Rusty moment:
2 comments:
That's really funny! Mako really hates the rain and will go to great lengths to "hold it" when it is raining. He's waited more than 24 hours before during a hurricane without having an accident!
(BTW, I'm the deleted comment too, I noticed I had a typo.)
Post a Comment