Sunday, February 18, 2007

TV evangelists and sickness


Well... for the last few days I've been sick. I hardly ever get sick, so I guess I'll blog about this momentous occasion. :) Last night I was supposed to go to a Valentine's dinner at our church, but Ben put his foot down and said I couldn't go. (I knew I shouldn't go, but I really wanted to) Today I stayed home from church which is also very unusual. I found myself looking at the clock and wondering what they are all doing at church. So, to get my mind off of things AND to get a little spiritual nourishment I decided to find some preaching on TV. First of all, I just want to say someone needs to tell Jan Crouch to stop dying her hair pink! Second of all, I saw lots of different pastors wearing jeans and a suit jacket together which is pretty modern and trendy. I even saw one where he had some of the other pastors or deacons sitting behind him and they were like 80 years old wearing jeans and a suit jacket. I thought it was interesting. Before you think I'm shallow, I also heard some great preaching. One sermon in particular struck me about claiming God's promises. He said that claiming promises is kind of like writing a check. Jesus has signed it and when you endorse it (claim it) then you have to take it to the bank (act) so that you can use it. I didn't get all the details right, but I thought it was a good analogy. Anyway... those are my thoughts today.

No comments: