

The mosquitos are bad, giant buzzards are everywhere and there is an endangered crocodile in the lake. Welcome to the natural habitat around Ben's new workplace.
I've been moved to a new office in Palmetto Bay that used to be the old Burger King headquarters as part of the expansion that my company is doing . I found some giant ovens that they used to cook "test" burgers in. I also heard that everyone there used to just eat free burger king burgers all day long! (probably an exaggeration for story-telling effect, but still VERY cool!)
Anyway, the nature around this new building is amazing. I think the lake is connected underground to Biscayne Bay so it's entirely saltwater. Yet there is a suspicious alligator-looking animal swimming around in there. Alligators only live in freshwater though so I'm pretty sure it's an endangered American crocodile. Only about 1000 in all of the US apparently.
Enough of the jabber - here are some more pics:


Lot's of Ibis birds having a party... most likely feasting on the remains of old burgers in the grass.
1 comment:
It's no surprise there's so much wildlife there, I would be feasting on left over burgers as well. Have you found any suspicious burgers lying around recently? I have to say it's kind of weird that an advertsiing company moved into a giant kitchen as part of their expansion!
Post a Comment