Friday, February 17, 2017

February Times

This year, these weeks, they are flying.  Some days though, moments stand still and I stop and appreciate them.  That's partly why I do this blog- to remember the good moments and learn from the bad. 

Here's Romy and her friend Claire playing princesses. 


Zeke is working hard on his sight words as he is still inching along with reading progress.


This cat... Max.  He is enjoying his life here I think.  I am ready for his claws to be out.  He climbs curtains and bats me as I come down the stairs in the morning.  I try to remember that he's still young and frisky and he doesn't get out much. (or at all) Here's Romy tending to him.  He gets "tended" often.


Romy playing.


I am working twice a week at a preschool and there is a child in my class that looks quite a bit like Romy.  Here they are together.  They could be sisters I think.


Grandma Georgie was in the hospital after having a knee replacement and having back pain.  We went to visit her.



Ben is the children's story teller at the new church plant we are a part of.  It's a big responsibility, but he's doing really well.


Claire and Romy again... silly



A friend came to visit and two of her children came along with her.  We went to Aldi one night and they went behind shelves- see their little eyes?


We also went to Ikea- and here are mine enjoying the floor.


Max is so spoiled.  Here he is napping in clothes.


Romy and Larkin


Whit, Romy and Larkin.  It was so nice having them... and no, there isn't a fire in the background.  That's the sunlight.


Napping again- sometimes I wish I was a cat.


Beki had a birthday and I was happy for the challenge to make a from scratch cake.  This one was delicious.




My mom's group learning about conscious discipline.


Gwen made her Valentine's box herself.  I think kids need to do those things-and not parents!


2 comments:

Stacey said...

You will be glad that you have this someday...not just the pictures, but the little blurbs to help you remember WHY you stopped to take the picture.

I have lots of scrapbook catching up to do, and by the time I get to it, I hope I remember what was going on when I took the photos.

I love you, and your family.
Stace

Meredith said...

Love you too!!!