Saturday, April 02, 2016

The Mom Tug of Love

When I became a mom, I told Ben that I felt like a mothering "claw" came and embedded itself into my heart tethered to my children.  Each incremental act of letting go- well, I felt that tug against my heart even though it is the right thing to do.  Letting go little by little is a hard and necessary thing.  The love of a mother is just so mysterious and wonderful and amazing. 

This is Gwen and I a day or so into her precious life.


3 months she was smiling.  We had been through so much together.


Me holding Zeke moments after birth.  I was just so happy to be holding a baby and be through with labor.


Handsome at 2 months.  He still makes me stop and stare at how beautiful he is- especially when he is laughing hard.


Romy a day or so in.  She came so easily- and I appreciated it.


Romy at 3 months.  I barely remember her as a baby.  She's always had so much to say.



1 comment:

Laura said...

Boy, isn't that the truth!!!!