Friday, December 11, 2015

Projects in December

 December is never short for projects.  There is always cooking to do, presents to buy, breaths to take, class holiday parties to volunteer in, Christmas concerts... you name it.  Here are some new projects I did so far this month.

I had seen this idea on pinterest to take left over crayons and cut them up and make multi colored crayons.  I thought these would be excellent gifts for neighborhood kids and kids at church in my Sunday School class.  I have some silicone heart shaped molds, so I was all set.  I liked how they turned out and super easy.  I had the kids take the papers off of the crayons for me.  They didn't seem to mind too much.


Here are some stained glass cookies I tried for a cookie exchange.  They were a big hit and I loved how they looked.  The recipe called for brushing the cookies with milk and then sparkling sugar, but I left that part out since I didn't have sparkling sugar.  I thought they were so cute.

Last, but not least, is a video I stumbled upon and it is life changing.  My kids love it.  With my history as a goat owner it makes me smile. 



 This video also gave my kids joy.  I hope it brings joy to yours!

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I have made multicolored crayons before, but never had them turn out as pretty as yours! I did learn an easy way to take the papers off though - just soak them in warm water and most of them slide right off.

Meredith said...

Ah! I'll try that next time!

Beki Lee said...

The Goats!!!!!!!!! :)