Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bedtime Antics and The Seven Beatitudes of Revelation

 We all have a silly human trick right? 


Romy is cool.


Zeke's "portrait" of Gwen.


This year, studying Revelation has added an extra layer onto my thoughts of Christmas.  Not only was Jesus born to die, but He was also born to rule.  In Revelation you really see his majesty, his rule, his power.  You've probably heard about the beatitudes before, but have you heard of the 7 beatitudes of Revelation?  I hadn't until now.  Here they are:

1:3 Blessed are those that read aloud, takes it to heart because the time is near.
14:13 Blessed are those who die in the Lord- for they rest
16:15 Blessed is the one who stays awake and clothed (ready)
19:9 Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb
20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.  The second death has no power over them, they will reign with Christ.
22:7 Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written within this scroll.
22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.

and one of my all time favorite choral pieces ever... the Beatitudes.  I think someone needs to write a piece about the Beatitudes of Revelation. 



Part of me loves the stained glass, steepled, formality of church.  I of course love choral singing and I love an orderly and reverentness about worship.  I also appreciate a free and vulnerable worship but not feeling forced to do so.  Can you have both?  Yes, I believe so.  This sounds weird, but my worship is multi-faceted.  I go to my more modern church and worship, I go to my choral music and worship, I love looking at art and I worship, I look at my husband with our children and worship, I breathe in and out and I worship.  Worship is a mystery and a privilege that helps me to appreciate everything at a different level.  So grateful that God helps me see just a glimpse of His glory and beauty.

No comments: